Sealant for Flange to Lead Pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

RaynLois

Reaction score
I need to install a new flange on a lead pipe. The pipe has an immediate elbow under the floor so I cannot use the flange with a neophren gasket designed for this purpose, since its extra length would partially block the pipe. It appears my only choice is to use a standard, shorter plastic flange with some kind of sealant between the flange and pipe rim. Any suggestions about the best type of sealant for this? Silicon? Plumbers putty?

Or is there a better solution?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
flange

The only real way to do what you want to do is get a brass flange and solder it to the lead pipe and screw the brass flange to the floor...

Just because some manufacturer makes claims doesn't mean that it any good. The easy way isn't always the best way.......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks