Seal sink overflow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Chambers

Reaction score
Hi All,
This newbie would appreciate any suggestions.

Bought house with super modern stainless steel bathroom sink. When the line connecting the overflow hole to the main drain started leaking, I saw that the previous owners had just jerry-rigged some plastic conduit there, which had cracked. Looked online to try to find the correct part but couldn't even identify brand or model of sink -- it's something European and exotic, possibly "Bolan Eko" based on pictures on the internet. Asked local plumber for help and he looked in supply house but couldn't find anything that would work.

At this point I'd just like to plug the overflow hole and where it connects back to the main drain. For the latter I can probably find a cap to screw on, but the hole is tricky and has a weird piece coming off it, with no thread, so I'd just like to seal it somehow.

Any suggestions appreciated.

-Paul

Paul Chambers

Reaction score
Smooky,
Thanks for the reply but no it doesn't look like those. Here are 2 pics: one of the sink and one from underneath showing the part coming from the overflow hole and the part connecting to the main drain.

-Paul

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 506
  • underneath.jpg
    underneath.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 427
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks