Seal Cap and/or Drop Pipe Supports/Hangers

Users who are viewing this thread

One Wee Woman

Reaction score
I have a 'double drop jet pump' system (the pump is above ground). My area has been experiencing drought conditions lately. The water quit working & upon investigation, I found that the 'jet assembly' (the 'foot') was submerged in about 18" of mud. So, my help & I cut off about 24" to 30" off of both drop-pipes to raise it above the sediment & mud that, I am assuming here, has collected due to a lower than normal water flow (due to the drought) in the natural aquifer.
I have checked the pump thoroughly & it is working as it should (squirts water out of the pressure gauge hole & I have laid eyes upon the injectors spinning) & the pressure tank is fine, too.
The issue I am having is finding a way to securely hold the 2 drop-pipes at the height they now need to now that I have shortened them. Once primed, the drop-pipes' weight tries to pull the pump down into the well!
How my pipes are set up:
There are 2 male ends sticking out from the end of the pump (one is 1 & 1/4" & the other is 1"). Each male end is inserted into a short bit of black pipe; each short bit of black pipe has a 45 degree elbow-connector in it. These 2 elbows are connected to the the 2 'drop pipes' that go down into the well & draw up (push up ???) water. My 'drop pipes' are about 73 feet long. All connections currently use metal automotive 'hose clamps' to secure them.
So, finally, my questions are thus:
Will a 'well seal' also serve as a means to hold up the weight of 146 feet of primed 1 & 1/4" pipe (73 feet of pipe times 2 because there are 2 pipes)?
If no, then, can anyone advise me on a good method to support the weight of the 'drop pipes'?
I thank everyone for their time, effort, & consideration in this matter.
& have a very merry Christmas!!!!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Will a 'well seal' also serve as a means to hold up the weight of 146 feet of primed 1 & 1/4" pipe (73 feet of pipe times 2 because there are 2 pipes)?
The weight of the pipes through a well seal are held by the fitting on top of the well seal. The fittings are held up by the well seal.

I suggest searching Youtube for air well cleaning to get some ideas on removing mud.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You need a well seal to keep the well sealed. And the well seal will hold the pipes fine. If the length is incorrect for the elbows to sit on the well seal, you can add another hole clamp to the pipe and have the pipe weight rest on the hose clamp, with the hose clamp sitting on the well seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks