Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Kingdome where the Seahawks played had many posters that fans would bring to the games. The big ones on the South End where the players came out were done by the Love family, mainly my mom Pamela Love with help from her husband Melvin and the kids. My mom like to encourage all of the players on the team, not just the stars. When the players came out of the tunnel, the first thing they would do was check mom's poster to see if the were on it. We love cheering on our team and we had 32 seats in that corner.

seahawks-1978-01.jpg

The Blue Wave poster during the Jack Patera era.

seahawks-1978-05.jpg

Pamela would first sketch out the players and then paint them in. It's a good thing the living room was large.

https://autofocus.io/galleries/XrSG...kKaeOYi1gO5L91hQFu-zc5v5Co0w7pmqXyCscOnDvIGMw

seahawks-1978-08.jpg

This one for the Kansas City Chiefs.

seahawks-1978-06.jpg

More work in the kitchen. We used to be the first ones in line to get the poster up in time.

seahawks-1983-01.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
seahawks-1983-02.jpg

The picture above winds up on the left below.

seahawks-1983-03.jpg

seahawks-1983-05.jpg

seahawks-1983-06.jpg

The Denver Broncos

seahawks-1983-07.jpg

Dan Dornick number 33 was a running back for the Seahawks and the New York Giants.
9/18/1983 game.

seahawks-1983-08.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
seahawks-norm-johnson.jpg

It's always nice when the players sign your posters. Norm Johnson the kicker on this one.
Norman Douglas Johnson (born May 31, 1960)[1] is a former professional American football placekicker who played for 18 seasons in the National Football League. During that time, he played for the Seattle Seahawks (1982–90), Atlanta Falcons (1991–1994), Pittsburgh Steelers (1995–98), and the Philadelphia Eagles (1999). Johnson played college football at the University of California, Los Angeles.

seahawks-rock-the-dome.jpg

Back in those days we were rocking the Wave.

seahawks-1983-13.jpg

Our defenses could really bear down on people.

seahawks-1980-01.jpg

Our West Coast rivals the Raiders. Here we are attacking their ship.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

In 1989 the NFL tried to have a rule for crowd noise. A five yard penalty if the refs decided that the fans were being too loud. It was a preseason game in Seattle, taking place in the Kingdome. The fans were being their normal loud and supportive of the Seahawks loud. The refs were trying to quiet us. And it was working, the Kingdome was getting very quiet. I mean, shockingly quiet. The refs were winning the fight.
Then my mother, Pamela Love stood up, and told us it was our time to be heard. If we didn't stand up right then and there, and make ourselves heard, then we would never be allowed to cheer on our team again. Now we had 32 season tickets in that corner, right above the poster where the players would come onto the field. The fans in our small section started cheering on our team, and bit by bit, the fans to either side were getting the point and they roared back to life too.
We got penalized three more times, the refs got together and decided to let the fans be. My mother, the wife of a district court judge, Melvin Love, by convincing the crowd that we should be civilly disobedient, had broken the will of the NFL to quiet us. Pamela was a political science major in college, her father had been a district attorney and superintendent of schools. He had also played football for the University of Washington. Her brother had been a colonel in the Air Force.

no-noise-love-family.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks