Screw head in hot water supply ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Kstuart

Reaction score
I can't figure this one out, so I am hoping that someone has an idea...

Today, I turned the kitchen faucet to hot, and the flow slowed to a trickle.

There was plenty of hot water at all other faucets, and no leak below the sink or under the house, so I removed the hot water supply to the faucet, and it also had virtually no flow even without the faucet at all.

So, I removed the SS supply hose from the valve, and a small screw head popped out of the space where the hose connects to the valve !

I hooked everything up again and it was now back to normal.

So, where could a screw head come from - inside the hot water system ??

Thanks !

Kstuart

Reaction score
A retaining screw for a valve washer.

This reminded me that the hot water heater was replaced several years ago, and the plumber also replaced an even older hot water valve at the time.

So you are probably right.

Over the winter, we were gone for a while and had the house winterized by a plumber who blew compressed air through the lines, and I'll bet that the screw which had sat around for years, was blown close to the faucet at that time.

Now it makes sense, thanks !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks