Scratches on marble vanity in bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

debarybabs

Reaction score
How do I remove scratches from my cream colored marble vanity top? It seems the painter put his gallon can on the marble, and the shape of the can made many scratches. I tried to buff it out with carnauba wax, but it didn't work.
The company that installed wants to charge me at least $60.00 for the "trip" fee, and $75.00 per hour to fix it. They haven't seen the scratches, so they don't know if they are deep or not. In my opinion, they are surface scratches.
Can I do this myself?

Someon suggested I purchase Gel-Gloss polish at Home Depot . . is this a good product for this purpose?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Is this actual marble stone, or a man-made cultured marble? Gel Gloss is definitely good for cultured marble, but will only remove very light scratches. It might be worthwhile having it done professionally.

debarybabs

Reaction score
I don't know what it is . . .will need to question that.

Thanx for the response

debarybabs

Reaction score
The vanity is definitely made of cultured marble. I think HD carries the
Gel-Gloss product. However, the one I saw was a cleaner/polisher.
Is this the product you are referring to?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
GA-12.jpg

That's the one. http://www.gel-gloss.com/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks