Scale(?) discharged from triangle tube tank

Users who are viewing this thread

P.Dieter

Remodel Contactor
Reaction score
My cartridges (HW only)and aerator screens are clogging with what I assume is scale. The attached photo is what I pulled out of the hw side of the Roman tub filler. This seems to be a recent event and I swear it coincided with a fire dept response on our block.

Any recommended course of action?
Phase III smart 50 10 years old (whole house plumbing). Wirsbo piping.
Thx

Attachments

• 19E3C33E-3351-4E9E-BEE1-135244948584.jpeg
    19E3C33E-3351-4E9E-BEE1-135244948584.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 182

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
NOt sure what it is, but probably has NOTHING to do with the "fire department response". From the picture, I cannot even imagine how it passed through your water piping.

BldrJosh

Reaction score
My cartridges (HW only)and aerator screens are clogging with what I assume is scale. The attached photo is what I pulled out of the hw side of the Roman tub filler. This seems to be a recent event and I swear it coincided with a fire dept response on our block.

Any recommended course of action?
Phase III smart 50 10 years old (whole house plumbing). Wirsbo piping.
Thx
I had that on my Excellence 110, light blue colour though. Took a while to figure it out. It was the dip tube disintegrating with blue pieces. When I had white pieces like yours it was the check valves in the mixing valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks