Say hello to NO LEAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Law signed by algore's best friend obama...makes the lead free faucet rules FEDERAL. Phase in started, deadline is 3 years ( Jan 2014)

Obviously the manufacturer's saw this coming which is why ALL the brands have been migrating most or all of their product line to lead free.

As an aside, I have a pic which I will post tomorrow. It is of the bottom of 2 lav faucets, one PP, 1 Delta. BOTH show an IDENTICAL, very unique configuration of assorted lead free components.. I will post the pic and ask you if there is ANY POSSIBILITY that that they are not made in the same chinese factory! Film at 11:00~

The threaded shanks are brass, lined with plastic. The waterway body, the side towards the camera, feels like metal, but does not seem to be brass. That waterway body is a 2 piece, and the upper half IS plastic. The internal waterway up to the spout is also plastic.

The faucet on the left is a Price Pfister, and the one on the right is Delta.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidTu

Reaction score
Given the recent history of lead paint in children's toys! I wonder how reliable those same Chinese factories can be for these components? Giving up our manufacturing capabilities and handing them over to the Chinese (along with the rest of the world) is the biggest economic long-term blunder in the history of mankind. We will pay for this short-sightedness for 100 years. But I digress, sorry--had to vent.

Not sure the Feds makes much difference, didn't all the mfgs switch over because CA market is too large to ignore and having two product lines with and w/o lead doesn't make sense economically? But in any case, what's the downside of LF? Do y'all not like it just b/c it seems unnecessary? Or did prices go up?

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Chicago Faucets do a nice lead-free range. They just cost even more than normal...which is saying something.

So I will be turning to them.

Common sense would have banned guns rather than lead in faucets. But there ain't much of that in this country.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks