Saving Space under Kitchen Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

CLH

Reaction score
Is there a way, besides the "we've always done it this way" to plumb the kitchen sink drain, a disposal, and tie in the dishwasher drain line, to end up with real useable space under the sink? Would it help if the sink drain was in the back corner or at least off set towards the side in the sink? In my situation I am using a large single bowl sink.
This is for a small kitchen in a new build, every little bit helps. Just trying to avoid the black hole under the sink.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

CLH

Reaction score
The disposer pretty much takes up most of the space under a sink and it CANNOT be "relocated".
By relocate, do you mean move out of that cabinet? That's not what I am asking. I know the disposal needs to go under the sink. Is there a way to tidy up all the plumbing lines so they still work correctly and not spread out all over the space, allowing room to maybe have real storage space?
I am hoping to add a RO system in there and have useable space. Thanks for taking the time to help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can put the lines ANYWHERE you want to, just not so close to the disposer that you have problems making the connections. Normally, tney come out of the wall behind the disposer, where they ARE out of the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks