Sauna control panel

Users who are viewing this thread

Canuckeh

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to decipher this schematic for my sauna control panel and am wondering if anyone can help me answer a few questions.
I have the CX 30-U1 unit that is referenced on the schematic and I have 2 #10/3 cables coming into the unit from a subpanel and I understand that the red and black from these go to the L1 and L2 on the incoming side with the Neutral and ground as well.
I also understand I need 2 #10/3 coming out of the panel to the sauna heater and I see the schematic accounts for the L1 and L2 (red and black) and the ground, but what happens with the neutral (white) in this configuration?
Also, the schematic shows the A1 and A2 hook ups which I understand are #14/2 wire however, my question again is where do the neutrals go?

Attachments

• Harvia power schematic R.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 217

Fitter30

Reaction score
Diagram is blurry is their a diagram on the web? Power to panel must need 120 volts to power panel. One of the hots to neutral 120v. From panel to heater only needs 240 volts no neutral needed. Power should be on a ground fault breaker.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A 220-240v motor needs L1, L2; A 220-240 volt electric heater needs L1, L2. The neutral is needed for 120v for the AUX outputs and any 120v use within the control panel. As Reach stated, if you use the AUX for a 120v outlet, it must be GFCI protected. Ground is needed for safety so any metal surfaces are grounded to provide a path to ground to trip a breaker should a hot wire ever contact it.

http://www.finlandiasauna.com/manuals/cx30-cx45-manual.pdf

Page 11

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 3.05.28 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Canuckeh

Reaction score
Thank you both for the quick replies......I was not expecting such a quick turn around on the answer! fitter30, I apologize for the blurry diagram, I tried scanning the page from the manual in but it wouldn't let me load because of it's size. WorthFlorida, I don't know how you got the diagram in so clearly, but that will be for my next lesson :) The website is correct, http://www.finlandiasauna.com/manuals/cx30-cx45-manual.pdf, however I have the power unit configuration shown on page 12, for the HPC9-U1 model......I'd love to show the diagram like WorthFlorida had so nicely inserted but that's beyond me right now!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a iMac desktop and use "Screenshot" to take a picture in .jpeg format and then add the picture to the post. It still did not come out as clear as the actual .pdf document shown on the screen.

A few years ago I switch everything to Apple. iPhone, iPad, iMac, Macbook Pro and they are all linked. It makes it nice for what you do on one you can see it on the other. There are some funky things about it and certain things that MicroSoft based PC's can do but not on Mac's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks