Sanitary T w/ L & R Side Inlet

Users who are viewing this thread

OscarG

Reaction score
I found this fitting in a catalog and it seems like it could solve the problem of feeding a W.C., shower drain and lavatory drain into a stack (on a second floor bath) with only a slight drop to the cieling below. I did not want to notch or dirll the joists for pipe so keeping all of the entry points into the stack in the same horizontal plane is most desirable. Above this fitting the stack will be dry (only vent to roof).

Is this the correct use for this fitting? It just seems a little odd having drain flows directly opposing each other as they enter the stack.
SanTLR.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fitting

It is the correct fitting, but many inspectors will reject it. It is no different than the fitting used to connect two sinks to the same riser, as long as the riser is properly oversized to prevent crossover flow.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just had to replace one of these the other day. It was ABS, which no one stocks around here. The left side 1-1/2" hub had cracked. It was in a 3 story apt. building which settled a little bit. The stress cracked the hub. I used a PVC fitting and tangents and tied into the ABS with shielded couplings. I think the rubber will allow for any additional settling or stress.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks