Saniflow - experience anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Glimmerman

Reaction score
Anybody have any comments about a Saniflow macerating system?

I want to install a toilet, sink, shower, and jacuzzi tub in my basement, this might be an easy way to do it if it is reliable.

*edit* My drain line is in the cement in my basement, so I should not need one of these

Last edited:

AdrianR

Reaction score
Glimmerman said:
Anybody have any comments about a Saniflow macerating system?

Even if you now realise you don't need one - here's my 2 cents worth...

Excellent systems; very reliable but be VERY careful that nothing but paper goes in with the waste. They have a tendency to jam on anything that doesn't easily break down (tampons, rubbers etc) and this will flood the motor chamber very quickly.

Adrian

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
My wife and I used to live on a houseboat in the Florida Keys, and we had a sign on the wall just above our macerating system essentially saying nothing other than single-ply toilet tissue was to be placed in the "head" (toilet) unless it had first been eaten by whoever was placing it there.

Since landlubbers and their house guests just do not understand or think that way and almost never appreciate continual warnings and/or rantings about improper flushings, we cut a hole in our basement floor here at the house and installed a regular sewage sump and 2" pump. Other than for some additional labor to cut the hole and lay some plumbing, I believe the expense is even a little less and the end result is definitely preferable once the novelty of the all-too-touchy alternative has quickly worn off. At least, that is my own opinion based on personal experience with installing and using both.

mowin

Reaction score
Actually:

Sanibest makes a shredder system where "certain" items will clog the system.

However:

They make a MACERATING system that is actually a grinder and suitable for even commercial applications where anything usually goes into the plopper.

So:

Although a bit more.... a bit more peace of mind in not worrying what goes to the bowl!!

Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks