Saniflo Toilet Drain Output Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim Facchin

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the process of adding a half bath to my basement. The bathroom will be in the same room as the main drain stack for the house. This will be directly on a slab and unfortunately digging into the concrete is out of the question at the moment, so I'm looking at a Saniflo Compact macerator toilet.

I'm looking to add a vanity and a toilet. There's already a 1 1/2" drain line coming from the main stack planned for the vanity. Originally we were looking to avoid a pump toilet and put a rear-outlet toilet directly into the stack by removing the cleanout and going directly into the stack, but the layout of the room and the loss of a cleanout ended up being worse than expected.

The Saniflo toilet will accept the drain from the vanity and pump that out as well but I'd prefer to have that as a regular, gravity-fed drain since it's already run and will put less wear and tear on the pump, not to mention no noise. My question is whether it's acceptable to tap into the 1 1/2" drain along the way with a wye to take the discharge from the Saniflo while still using the drain normally for the vanity.

IlCq72ww_ZxxJQPMfP6axts0d1adEbcjJzKFU6VlC8W8YKpawfgFTO--1-u64A12ksrp7To6usKo4KxvJ5XesuRcY7WBOkSLQdpgum0yyrSvv5r7CvNo98jpCaEPA9yGxpOKyAH7NPk

_rUaHjhbJ2f7OdOXtFj9bmR9vDhYa4hCLYOIkzk-p1cPxjyNm5oqZ68sGNzD1DnMf3S_4eyQQyGV94axAI2S17OIXCZRVd_HpQf3ZEjprlJM9hvO7ee0uXEfog80J1Bpsmuua9Zg9Ys

Excuse the poor drawings. They seem to embed very small here, so here's a link to larger copies: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GyPn1ZulmvEubi852

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much!

Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks