Saniflo rear outlet toilet no pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Jona77

Reaction score
Anyone install these without a macerator pump?

I am interestested due to my above floor level basement plumbing their rough in is around 7.5 inches and the girl who emailed me back said they can be installed without a macerator pump.

I have a 3" pipe approximately 7" from the ground I can easily add a combo wye to.

Anyone have experience with such a setup?

saniflo.jpg

saniflo-bowl-spec-1.jpg

Taylorjm

Reaction score
So your wanting to install a macerator type toilet that exits out the rear instead of the bottom in order to reach your basement drain?

Jona77

Reaction score
So your wanting to install a macerator type toilet that exits out the rear instead of the bottom in order to reach your basement drain?

Yes. My waste pipe exits at (just above) the floor level of my basement and when you factor in the cleanout location the pipe center is just at the 7" mark and the saniflo discharge is 7.5" center. There is no way to use a standard 4" rough in back outlet toilet or bottom outlet toilet without a pump.

My hope was to install the saniflo and the company confirmed you don't need the pump. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and had issues.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would trust what the company said. There is nothing in the toilet that pumps, rather it just dumps. It should work for you.
We do vent the toilet line to the waste line.

Taylorjm

Reaction score
I have one of the macerator pump units and the toilet should work fine to dump down into a drain. I will say though that at least with our toilet, the water level is low and the bottom of the bowl is lower than a regular toilet. Makes it seem a bit awkward to use. Maybe it's how the older units are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks