Saniflo pump and toilet issue

Users who are viewing this thread

minnow61

Reaction score
I just installed a sanipro pump along with the saniflush toilet system off from a basement rec room. For some reason I cannot get the toilet bowl to hold water. The toilet flushes fine but the bowl never refills. The refill hose in the tank is putting water down the stand pipe but the water just siphons out of the toilet, down the extension pipe and into the sanipro pump. This causes the pump to cycle 4-5 times for every flush. The water level in the bowl is so low it does not provide a seal from sewer gasses, although I don't think this will be an issue with the vented Sanipro pump between the septic drain line and the toilet bowl. At first I thought it was an issue with the pump and Saniflo tech support told me to check to make sure the vent line was open. It does the same thing with or without the vent line attached to the pump. The extension tube from the toilet bowl to the pump has the proper pitch, and the toilet is level. It is as if the weir in the toilet outlet is too low. I have even gone so far as to stuff a rag in the bottom of the toilet and fill the bowl with water, but as soon as I pull the rag the toilet bowl empties out. I'm at wits end here, any suggestions out there?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the hardware, but if you put a level across the porcelain, does it maybe show a big tilt backwards?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks