Sandpoint well pulsing

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonas Gust

Reaction score
Hello all! New to sandpoint wells and having some issues. Drilled hole for sandpoint well pipe using a pvc pipe and a water jet nozzle on the inside to about 14 ft till i hit water. I then installed the sandpoint and well pipe inside the pvc and pushed down another 5 ft (using the water jet also). So im around 19ft, cleaned well point out with pitcher pump until water came out. I then put a water jet inside the well pipe to clean out the sand until water came out clear.

Once i did all that I put my shallow well pump on and primed it until ground water was coming out. after running it for a couple minutes the pump is pulsing water, comes out in a small stream for about 15 seconds then quits for about 10-15 seconds then comes again for about 15 seconds.

After this happened I made an adapter to a hose and hooked up a tractor pto water pump to try and force water down the well pipe to clean it out. Pushed about 1000 gallons down the pipe and put the shallow well pump back on. Pump good for a couple minutes again (guessing from the water i pumped down there) then started pulsing again and ended up with just a small pulsing stream again.

Any thoughts??? Getting close to winter and need to figure something out before it gets to late to have someone drill a deep well. IT IS SANDY SOIL! Could that be an issue?? Let me know what you guys think

Jonas Gust

Reaction score
Valveman, I was told by another well driller that if i keep pumping water down into the well, i can create a larger reservoir and open the well up to more veins. do you agree with this?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Any well will only produce a certain amount. Once you washed out the cuttings and opened up what "veins" are there, that is all it is going to make. Going deeper or using multiple points will access more water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks