CEFIONTECT - is it worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

MrBrindAmour

Reaction score
From the description on totousa.com, CEFIONTECT appears to be a coating that aids in keeping the bowl clean. Never had much of a problem in that regard with other (non Toto) toilets. Does CEFIONTECT really warrant the extra clost?

For me its an extra $80 Cdn (~$73 US) plus I have to wait for 4 days to have it shipped from Calgary - can anyone help?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It isn't exactly an added on coating, it is the glaze; it is built-into the finish. I've got it on two toilets and one sink at home. They stay cleaner longer than it did with my old ones. They are noticeably smoother so stuff doesn't stick as readily and it actually repels some stuff. They've been using this on toilets around the world for years, and some US manufacturers are starting to offer competing products. You can live without it, but it is nice.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I have customers who complain that a "CEFIONTECT" toilet does not clean the bowl.
What i tell customers is that "CEFIONTECT" is like teflon on a frying pan.
They will both get dirty but teflon has less dirt and easier to clean.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cefiontect_instructions.pdf

• Use a mild dish detergent to clean your lavatory.
• Use a gel-based toilet bowl cleaner.
• Use a soft cloth to clean your lavatory.
• Use a soft-bristled plastic brush to clean your toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:

reanime

Reaction score
sans sanigloss

I have Sanigloss on my Drake toto and no Sanigloss on my Pacifica toto. Ironically, the Sanigloss toilet has had more cleaning problems with debris stuck hard and fast on its surface than the one without Sanigloss....go figure. I have actually had to scrub (with the proper scrubber) the bowl's surface to remove debris on more than several occasions. That is honest feedback. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't get it.....not impressed. And moreover, as much as I think the world of my Totos' performance, I think their designers need to take a hard look at the toilet seat design that comes with all Totos. Namely, the seat is rather light and flimsy, and has a cheap plastic appearance and feel when you compare it to some of the more basic mfr's like AS, Koehler etc. whose lids are sturdy and solid with just enough lip hanging over to grab onto. The lip of the Toto seats front doesn't hang over the bowl enough to grab onto anything making it extremely difficult to lift the lid. It never is centered in a over the bowl, but rather drifts a little more to one side than the other, and despite tightening it appropriately, the lid seems much less solid than other seats. I hated their lid so much, I sacrificed the soft close feature and bought an elongated toilet seat and fitted it on the Toto which has made of world of difference convenience-wise for use and cleaning, and sturdy as a rock, centering everytime over the bowl. Even the Neorest seat and lid are flimsy plastic......astonishing for a $5K toilet.

cst804s-terrylove-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks