Salvaging Brick

Users who are viewing this thread

shimp

Reaction score
hi neighbors

I'm going to add on to my garage, the addition will be another bay.

the exterior wall that I'm planning to join the new addition is brick on the outside.

I'm planning to remove the brick, and would like to save as many as possible.

what would be the method to remove the brick, and using what tools?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best method is to pull the bricks down in large panels and hire a couple of guys at the local day-job site to to knock off the mortar on a piece-work basis. You might be able to negotiate 10 to 25 cents per non-broken brick. If they aren't worth that to you then you can check what it costs to buy used bricks that have been cleaned.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
It's likely that as long as you don't have an exotic brick you could buy reclaim cheaper than it would be to save what you have. Crazy isn't it.

Tom

shimp

Reaction score
good thought re the reclaim, except I can't find it

Last edited by a moderator:

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Call the local mason shops and ask questions. Around here all the re-claim places are in the worst neighborhoods.

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks