Salty water with Fleck 5600sxt. Help with settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremyt

Reaction score
You guys are simply amazing!!! Thank you so much!!!! I just finished a regen cycle with the new settings. Let the faucet run for five or six minutes and then slammed back a tall one of H2O... It already tastes MAGNITUDES better than it did.. I will let you guys know if any issues arise in the long term, but the immediate difference is certainly an improvement... Thank you again!!! Digital Cheers!!

Bannerman

Reaction score
Because Brine Fill takes place at the end of each regeneration cycle, your Brine tank will have contained 13 gallons of water (BF: 26 X 0.5 BLFC). which will have dissolved 39 lbs salt (@ 3lbs/gallon) in preparation for the manual regen cycle you just performed.

I had expected the soft water now exiting the softener will have continued to taste salty.

To prevent the salty taste, I was preparing advice on how to extend the rinse time if you were planning to perform a manual regeneration to enable the new settings. Now that you have already regenerated, it's too late to extend the rinse time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks