SAIL - Strategies & Actions for Independent Living

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Strategies & Actions for Independent Living or SAIL

SAIL Goals - To promote the independence and quality of life for clients of home support services by reducing their risk of falling and sustaining a fall injury.

If you are caring for an aging parent or relative and they have had a bad fall you know how scary this can be. My father in law is recovering now from a fall that banged him up quite bad. This is the third fall in under six months.

If you live in Canada you might be familiar with SAIL - Strategies & Actions for Independent Living

There are offices across the country and here in the lower mainland you have many offices to call on;

1. Abbotsford Home Health Office 34194 Marshall Road Abbotsford
  2. Burnaby Home Health Office 4946 Canada Way Burnaby
  3. Chilliwack Home Health Office 45470 Menholm Road Chilliwack
  4. TriCities Home Health Office 2601 Lougheed Highway Coquitlam
  5. Delta-South Home Health Office 4470 Clarence Taylor Crescent Delta
  6. Langley Home Health Office 20651 56 Avenue Langley
  7. Maple Ridge Home Health Office 11762 Laity Street Maple Ridge
  8. Mission Home Health Office 32618 Logan Avenue Mission
  9. New Westminster Home Health Office 610 Sixth Street New Westminster
  10. Surrey/North Delta (Gateway) Home Health Office 13401 108 Avenue Surrey
  11. Newton Home Health Office 7495 132 Street Surrey
  12. White Rock Home Health Office 15476 Vine Avenue White Rock

I think your family doctor can also arrange a home visit.

You might be surprised the help you receive - I understand that there is even grants for renovations from a HASI Grant.

If your worried about falls you should be.

13% happen in the bathroom. The bathroom and Kitchen are the two most dangerous spots for falling for loss of life. Over half of the people living in long term care are in there because of a fall.

Check on your parents. Remove Shower Curbs. Tubs. Steps. Thick area rugs. And remember that even colour changes on the floor can appear as a step to someone with poor vision.

http://www.coag.uvic.ca/resources/publications/reports/Fall_Prevention_Training_SAIL.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks