Saddle tees for irrigation?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Mikey, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Mikey

    Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

    Nov 8, 2005
    Hansville, Washington
    I'm wondering if there's a saddle tee made for adding on to existing underground pipe without digging up enough to slip in a standard T. I thought I could just slice a standard tee in half, glop some cement on it and secure it to the pipe with spiral clamps, but the $!&#@ that designed the standard tee made the middle 2" or so slightly smaller in ID than the rest of it, so it won't mate to the pipe. I once saw such a thing adverised on the Web, but they only sold them in large quantities -- I've never seen them sold in, say, packs of 10. I could use 1x1, 1x3/4, and 3/4x1/2 if anybody knows of a source.
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Glue on saddle tees are available. The port is somewhat small, so I would not recommend it for a branch supporting more than 1 or 2 heads.

    Another suggestion is to use a slip extension coupling. This necessitates a little more digging but can be inserted in the line without needing to move the exisiting pipes longitudinally.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Gary Swart

    Gary Swart In the Trades

    Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    The slip coupling is the way to go.

Share This Page