Ruvati hack

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
The wife ordered a lavatory faucet online in spite of my advice to buy a more common brand. She got a very nice-looking Ruvati faucet to install in our remodeled bathroom, looking forward to it for two years.

The faucet arrived and I used a few ounces of leftover energy to install it one evening after work. It has a flex line harness that snaps onto the hot, cold, and faucet. The hot and cold snapped right on, but the spout connection gave me problems. I tried repeatedly to get the connector pushed on to the spout nipple, but It would not connect. The squeeze tabs were properly aligned with the plastic nibs on the nipple, but it just would not push on. I pushed it pretty hard and it went on, but when the water was turned on, it leaked like hell. The harness connector was split wide open.

Sent it back and got another one. Same problem. This time I pulled the harness back off, along with the spout and bench tested the connection. It would not go on. Even with the three O-rings, removed, it was too big to slip on. I put my calipers on it and decided that I had nothing to lose by trying to enlarge the harness socket to see if it could be made to work. Next drill size up from the dimension of the faucet nipple was 7/16. Got a bit in that size and hand reamed the connector, clamping the bit in a pair of Vise-grips to complete the rebore.

Put the three O-rings back on the faucet connector and reinstalled the whole thing, and it seems to be working. No drips.

What can I say. Buy stuff from companies that have a little bit of quality control. This should never have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All I can say is Wow!
The other day I did some Moen replacements, one for the Roman Tub. Way better result. Everything worked.

roman-tub-bronze.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks