Rusty water in bathtub only

Users who are viewing this thread

jjackson74

Reaction score
I just saw a post similar to the same problems I'm having with Rusty water in my bathtub. Didn't notice it when I first installed the tub. I don't use it that much so not sure why it's like this. It is a jacuzzi tub and my grandson loves to use it when he comes therefore the problem.
The water is dark brownish red not light but dark. When I let it out there's Rusty residue all over the bottom of the tub. I do not have this issue any place else.
I installed copper pipe with the oil rubbed bronze fixtures. It appears the more water that runs in it the darker it gets. Can someone please offer their assistance? Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• 20171117_141315.jpg
    20171117_141315.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 724
  • 20171117_142310.jpg
    20171117_142310.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 343

Reach4

Reaction score
If there is an access port, look in there for galvanized steel pipes. If you cannot tell by sight, try an extendable magnet.
s-l225.jpg

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your grandson's name is Rusty?
Sorry, I couldn't resist. There's some iron pipe/fitting in the system somewhere. Surprising how quickly it puts rust into the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks