Rusted out flange removed, raising floor with tile, what type of new flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornmac

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently removed tile and a toilet for a bathroom reno to discover that the flange was completely rusted and the tile had been installed directly on the plywood subfloor. I removed the old flange with a dremel. I've researched those two piece replacement flanges as well as the Danco flange that sits on top of the old flange. I need to install 1/4 inch cement board and then tile so my floor level will be raised by at least a half an inch.

Can anyone please advise what the correct combination of products would work for this? Two piece flange topped extenders? or the Danco screwed into the tile?

See attached pic

Attachments

• IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 250

Reach4

Reaction score
Sioux Chief 886-MRM is a split repair ring.
Oatey 42777 Moss Bay is a split repair ring.
Split repair rings can go just under plastic edge, or maybe into a groove a the edge of the plastic. You would have to have flooring at the right height to apply the ring, and build any flooring higher around the ring.

There are other rings made to go just above the plastic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks