running supply lines to tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Rudy

Reaction score
i have a "unique" situation for installing my bathtub for my renovation
the drain/supply side of the tub butts up to a wall that has a doubled floor joist beneath so I cannot run my supply the typical way, up thru the wall from below. I can run from the back wall and around the corner but that will give me some problems with the venting.

I found a pic that shows another way that i thought i could run the supply lines. Mine will be pex whereas the picture i found shows copper but you get the idea.

the question...Is it ok to come up thru the floor, and then go into the wall to avoid drilling vertically down thru the wall baseplate (1 3/4"), the subfloor (5/8) and the floor joist (8")?

Attachments

• wa0ld4.jpg
    wa0ld4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 268

Reach4

Reaction score
the question...Is it ok to come up thru the floor, and then go into the wall to avoid drilling vertically down thru the wall baseplate (1 3/4"), the subfloor (5/8) and the floor joist (8")?
Yes, you can run the PEX supply lines as you suggest. If you bend more than a gentle bend, use a bend support.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of the best feature of PEX is its flexibility, so go ahead and do exactly what you described.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks