Running Sink Drain Pipe Into Trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

pauloscar16

Reaction score
Before the plumber comes in and at his request,I am starting to plan vents and drains on a multi-floor bathroom remodel, but I have a problem. I can't think! Brain dead.

Q: In the master bathroom, the sink drain goes does through the wall's bottom plate narrowly missing an 80 year old joist hanger (massive),
however, after going through the wall's bottom plate it goes directly into the floor joist below (and the sistered 2 x 8 for securing the new floor substrate).
I can not cut a notch through half that joist for I would jeopardize the joists integrity and break code so what should be done?
I also have to run 1/2" supplies on either side.

The drain's hole should be at 31" center for the 62" vanity, that is
just right of new wall stud and just left of hanger, but there is a floor joist directly below the plate.
The vanity is custom built gorgeous and I don't want to mess with it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 321

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most cabinets have a 3.5" kick space below. Does this one?
We sometimes have to use that space if there is structure we need to miss.
Also, you can trap arm over up to 42" from the vent if that helps. That includes the distance to the p-trap.

pauloscar16

Reaction score
The cabinets are still being built and that could work.
Thank you very much.
I believe I am good with the venting.
O.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Before the plumber comes in and at his request,I am starting to plan vents and drains on a multi-floor bathroom remodel,

I would NEVER ask a customer to "plan vents and drains", unless I were incapable of doing it myself, in which case I would NOT be a professional plumber. Therefore, I have to question WHO you hired.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks