Running sink drain across basement laundry room reno

Users who are viewing this thread

Ragweed

Reaction score
Hello,
We are upgrading the basement laundry and would like to add a sink. For hot and cold water, we were just going to tee off the lines for the washer and dryer on the ceiling and run them across to the sink. For the drain line, it does not appear that we will be able to use gravity so we are planning on a sink utility pump and running the drain line behind the studs since there is room back there.

My questions are: would it be ok to use one continuous piece of schedule 40 flex pvc to run from the sink all the way to where it Y's into the drain? Can I drain right into the laundry stand pipe or will the pump blast water out the top of the standpipe.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211212_211922.jpg
    20211212_211922.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 127

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The discharge rate of your pump is going to tell you the most about how to connect your pump to a drain.

discharging to the standpipe is a hard no tho.

Ragweed

Reaction score
The discharge rate of your pump is going to tell you the most about how to connect your pump to a drain.

discharging to the standpipe is a hard no tho.

Zoeller STL001
Water Flow (GPM) 22

I will adjust flow with an inline ball valve though

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks