Running hePex on Hot Water Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

CanadianMoFo

Reaction score
I'm currently plumbing in an indirect hot water tank to my existing boiler. Using 3/4" hePex to make the heat supply and return connections to the boiler header. Boiler operates around 160F.

For the potable water outlet I know from past experience normally Uponor calls for a 18" copper stub out to limit the possibility of high temperatures that could cause their regular Pex to fail.

Since I'm using the new hePex that is rated for 200F and is now potable water rated could I just run the hePex out of the tank to my plumbing manifold and skip the copper stub out? I can't see any reason not to in this situation and I can't find any reference materials from Uponor that would suggest otherwise.

CM

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks