Run Capacitor for Trane XR15

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by Huff2462, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Huff2462

Huff2462 New Member

Need to get a new run capacitor for my Trane XR15... I have spent the last several hours trying to track down a part number with no luck.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Look at the label on the bad capacitor and get the microfarad value and voltage. Any manufacture of the same values are all identical. Also, check if it is a two or three terminal capacitor. A three terminal there will be two values. 35uf & 5uf @370v as an example. Here is a list and probably it be one of these. At least in Florida and southern states, pool supplies stores are open on Sundays such as Leslies and Pinch a Penny. Pool motors use two terminal capacitors and they should have an assortment. The larger value is for the compressor and the smaller value is for the fan. Being a scorcher this weekend and wanting to have your AC running, using two separate caps can be done if you know how.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=trane+run+capacitor&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement