Rumbling pipes coming in house?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sam the Cat

Reaction score
There is now a rumbling noise from the water pipes coming into my house. I say coming in because I can't pinpoint where the noise actually is. I don't hear it at the pressure regulator or at the meter so I am stumped. It really seems like it is on the outside of the house but the noise transfers into the house. Anyway this is possible? I don't believe anything is leaking inside the house and the toilet does not leak and refill. The only change, and granted a big one is that a new bathroom was built but we didn't have this issue for at least 6 months after the room was completed. I have tried to run water when I hear the noise as if there was air in the lines but it does no good. BTW the noise comes when the water is not on anywhere in the house. I did just VERY lightly tap the meter in case sediment or something is stuck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks