Rough Plumbing Strategy, Thickened Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Dussell

Reaction score
Hi,

I reposted this from plumbing code to get more visibility, hopefully not against the rules.
I will be building my own house soon and I will be doing some trades plumbing being one. I want to have a strategy for the under slab and main stack before i get started. I have a some(several) questions regarding this

1. The wall behind the bathroom will have a "thickened slab" Do pipes withing 12" and penetrations through this need to be sleeved?
2. Any thoughts on a basic strategy for the under slab plumbing. Should I run the plumbing out the left side of the bathroom or under the exercise room and maybe at a 45 to the left? If I run it out the left side of the bathroom. Where to I put the vent for the bathtub?
3.Should I join the upstairs plumbing with the downstairs underslab or outside the house? It will need to be 4" once joined.

Notes: The septic tank will be off the back left corner of the house, NC plumbing code

Thanks for any replies.

Russell
index.php

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the vent in the wall behind the sink /toilet.
Where and how deep is the existing plumbing? That should be on the plan. Where and how deep is the inlet to the septic tank? I can't tell tell where the back is from your partial plan. Is the rest of the house on a slab? All of that stuff should be included. A septic tank has three inlets so it may be possible to use a different inlet but all that depends on what is existing and how the tank is positioned.

Dussell

Reaction score
Attached is a full picture of the basement and lot plan. The basement is partial and the rest is crawlspace below main floor. The plumbing from the main floor will come down in front of the basement bathroom.
There is no existing plumbing this is new construction. The septic tank is not located exactly, only roughly drawn on the permit and will not be in until after this plumbing is.

I should have 2-3 feet of fall between back of the house and the septic tank.

This is not my first plumbing job, just first dealing with vents through footers and thickened slabs. I am hoping to to require much luck for success.

Thanks again for any help.

Lot Plan.jpg

Partial Basement.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks