Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not familiar with "forum educate" never done this online stuff before. But anyways I'm looking for help on how to lay out the DWV and venting for a basement bath. My home came with a toilet (all by itself) in the basement. Cast hub 4" plus it was 2" vented as you can see in the pics. I'm just looking for suggestions on how to pipe the DWV and vents. Thank you it's much appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20201201_181251770.jpg
    PXL_20201201_181251770.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 160
  • PXL_20201201_181321736.jpg
    PXL_20201201_181321736.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 161
  • PXL_20201202_023339630_2.jpg
    PXL_20201202_023339630_2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 168

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some real good help on here but often shy when your plan is vague Maybe a better drawing because I can't tell exactly what you're doing where your line exactly is coming from or going . Need to dig down expose the main where w/c branch connects which way it flows etc. better drawing

Reaction score
Do you plan on venting the bathroom where the lav is going to be? If so, that should be 2" on waste and vent with a 1.5" stubout for the lav p-trap.
Thanks Terry, The only issue I'm having is with the shower stall 2" trap within close proximity of the 4" waste line. I will also add a pic of how I think it will be laid out. All Venting will be tied to a 2" vent within 2ft of the shower stall area.
Blank for opinions.jpg
underground.jpg
Underground after.jpg
Assumed layout.jpg
Blank for opinions.jpg
Blank for opinions.jpg
Assumed layout.jpg
Underground after.jpg
underground.jpg
underground.jpg
Underground after.jpg
Assumed layout.jpg
Blank for opinions.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
CT is on the IPC per up.codes. The lavatory is going to need a vent. So either you put a dry vent in the wall by the lav, which can then connect up with your existing 2" vent in the ceiling, or you use an AAV there. Either way the lav can wet vent the toilet and shower. And with the IPC, the toilet/shower order doesn't matter.

Since you don't need to connect to a vent under the slab in the corner by the shower, surely you can figure out how to connect the shower drain without that loop. There should be room for a wye leading to the shower p-trap. The toilet and downstream can be 3", so the fittings are more compact, and you can just upsize to 4" at the point you connect to the existing.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks