Rough in under a slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg L

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Little bit about me, I'm a licensed plumber of 2 years, but 99% of what I've done has involved gas lines only, so when it comes to DWV plumbing, I know I have a lot to learn. I'm working with a customer who wants to convert part of the family room into an in law suite, and they want a full bath added. Everything is under a slab. I put a camera down a toilet that is upstream to locate the pipe. The 4" sanitary is located 7' from proposed bathroom. My issue is this; the toilet I camera'd uses a street 90 to run laterally to the sanitary line, so I know that it is not very deep. My concern is getting the 1/4" fall needed for the new line which will carry a toilet, shower, and lav. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't like having the idea of using a street 90 for the new toilet. I haven't looked at the code to see if that's kosher or not. I expressed my concerns to both the homeowner, and GC. I don't know if they want to pull permits or not, but either way, I won't put in something that may or may not be an issue. Don't like call backs, especially on something underground! Do you guys have any suggestions or thoughts? Is a street 90 acceptable? I don't know the inspector in this town either, so I'm not sure if he will allow for any variance due to the location of the existing sanitary. Thx in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Take a look at a "closet elbow". Four inch at the top for the closet flange, and 3 inch for the horizontal.

You could be better off joining the new drains to the existing system in the yard instead of under the slab.

I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks