rough in hight of P trap for vanity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
I am putting in a drain for a bath room vanity. We have not picked the vanity yet but I need to rough in the Vent/ Drain sani T that will receive the P trap horizontal arm. How far from the floor should this be?

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Kind of hard to answer without knowing whats going in there. I've seen rough-in heights at 14" up to 18-1/2" depending on the sink going in (based on a sink height of 31". When in doubt, go low, 14-16".

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
Thank-you. I dont know what is going to go there yet either. When we find one we like (or I build it!) I will know. I guess I will put the center of the pipe at 14" That should work for almost any thing. I was going to guess 12" but that felt a bit low.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I just thumbed through an old American Standard rough-in book that I had laying around. It pretty much confirmed my guess. FYI, I'm not a plumber but if no plumbers were available to chime in I figured I'd take a shot. Good luck with your install.

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
Thats OK, I am not a plumber ether. I just play one on the weekends, preferably when the local store is open! :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks