Rough in help!

Users who are viewing this thread

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Well this is what I got so far. I had to add couplings in a few spots because I forgot to level some stub outs. If anybody wants to chime incase there is something wrong that would be great. Will get kitchen and small bath tomorrow stopped at washer drain where I will vent straight up from drain. Is there a special fitting for a washer drain? Or just a regular t. And I aging that would flow curved side down?

20220527_191558.jpg
20220527_191625.jpg
20220527_191640.jpg

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Well this is what I got so far. I had to add couplings in a few spots because I forgot to level some stub outs. If anybody wants to chime incase there is something wrong that would be great. Will get kitchen and small bath tomorrow stopped at washer drain where I will vent straight up from drain. Is there a special fitting for a washer drain? Or just a regular t. And I aging that would flow curved side down?

View attachment 83828View attachment 83829View attachment 83830
I'm still not confident I have this right. Wish I could get more done but weather is not cooperating. So after talking with some people I have master bath toilet over the main sewer because the layout worked that way where the main ditch was dug . But I'm reading that a vent has to be upstream? So my toilet as you can see is downstream of tub and sink and then right after is a 2 inch vent . These are on the air line but I'm not confident that's even allowed now. Shower is next with drain then vent in wall going towardsain sewer line. I'm switching the small bathroom angle up on water closet to connect at a 45 into main sewer drain instead of 2 combos. I'm I backwards on all of this?

Dmt78

Reaction score
Pipes looking good man. Brings back some bad memories. We are currently starting indoor plumbing on ours. Venting and such should be interesting. We’re just hoping our toilets flush.

On a side note, that’s an amazing view in the background.

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Pipes looking good man. Brings back some bad memories. We are currently starting indoor plumbing on ours. Venting and such should be interesting. We’re just hoping our toilets flush.

On a side note, that’s an amazing view in the background.
Yeah thanks I hear you it's the s**ts. The weather is terrible it's been tough. Got a little more done today hoping I don't have to change to much lol. We are looking forward to the inside to get out of the wind been brutal! The view isn't to bad. Your toilets will flush haha.

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Here's some more pics for guidance I guess. I am venting all fixtures I'm still not positive out there these vents are tricky! You read one thing and then next time you read a different thing from someone else. In the third picture where I'm about to hook up shower to main drain I'm out of 4 to 2 wye and combos . Can I use a reducer on a 4x3 wye at the main sewer line?

New pics are of small bath room. I was going to vent water closet with a rolled 45 but instead just ran a couple feet down the drain to wall to go straight vertical. Pic of shower parts is laid out for drain then vent then hook up. Sink line dug more same as toilet and switched to 45 angle to join main. Sink will be trap coming out of wall and vent going vertical from there. Washer is the little run from main line before bathroom witch will trap in wall for drain and vent up. All that's left is putting shower together short run then kitchen sink with another aav so jist a stub and clean out at end with 5 ft of 4 inch for inspection.

Attachments

• 20220529_175454.jpg
    20220529_175454.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220529_175424.jpg
    20220529_175424.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220529_175417.jpg
    20220529_175417.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220529_175355.jpg
    20220529_175355.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 91

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Well finally got the rough in done. Missed inspection again because of air test showing 3 leaks! I fixed the leaks put it back on 5psi and it held for 15 minutes and didn't budge. Will have to wait until next wensday for a inspection. I fixed the leaks by using a tip from this forum .(every leak was at top of pipe) I vacuumed the primer in the leak then same with glue with my shop vac. Worked first try and like I said held air for 15 minutes on my gauge and didn't budge. I will let it sit and test again Tuesday evening. Thanks for the help you guy's.

Attachments

• 20220602_190558.jpg
    20220602_190558.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220602_190613.jpg
    20220602_190613.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220602_190620.jpg
    20220602_190620.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220602_190629.jpg
    20220602_190629.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 82

Dmt78

Reaction score
Well finally got the rough in done. Missed inspection again because of air test showing 3 leaks! I fixed the leaks put it back on 5psi and it held for 15 minutes and didn't budge. Will have to wait until next wensday for a inspection. I fixed the leaks by using a tip from this forum .(every leak was at top of pipe) I vacuumed the primer in the leak then same with glue with my shop vac. Worked first try and like I said held air for 15 minutes on my gauge and didn't budge. I will let it sit and test again Tuesday evening. Thanks for the help you guy's.
Had the same issue with two leaks, but was glad when it was finally fixed. Glad you got yours fixed!

JAYROD_co

Reaction score
Had the same issue with two leaks, but was glad when it was finally fixed. Glad you got yours fixed!
I appreciate that. My wife said by the time we get through this one if we do another it will be easy. But then she quickly said we won't be doing another one.

Dmt78

Reaction score
I appreciate that. My wife said by the time we get through this one if we do another it will be easy. But then she quickly said we won't be doing another one.
Lol yeah it’s definitely a learning experience. I was planning on doing electrical, but not plumbing. Yet here I am. This forum has been great though and I appreciate all the advice for sure. Good luck with inspection

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks