Rough in for toilet with two outlets????

Users who are viewing this thread

dodge1930

Reaction score
I was given a one piece toilet SNDN , and I need to do the rough in for it, BUT it has two outlets on the bottom, one had a plug in it, if I install the toilet flange on top of the finished floor then the outlet doesn't sit over it correctly because the the second outlet. I think if I install the top of the flange flush with the finish floor it may work. I'm afraid of it leaking. Maybe I should just buy another toilet? Any ideas on the right way to install this would appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 20160515_121626.jpg
    20160515_121626.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 212
Reaction score
Wow, I have never seen two horns on a toilet before. You said one horn was plugged. My guess is that the horn closer to the back is the auxillary one for shorter roughs.

The problem with a plug there is that it can fail from constant water exposure. Not right away, maybe in a few weeks, months, years. This is why we don't install cleanout plugs if water can be hoarded in it. Seals do open up eventually.

I was thinking if you may have been sentimentally attached to this toilet. I actually had to look up SNDN. Looks like a modern Chinese toilet from a low-rate big box store like Reno-Depot. The only thing I would buy from them is Oatey products.

Even if this toilet was brand new out of the box, I would not install it. You need to decide if you want to take a risk with this Chinese toilet.

Plumbum

Reaction score
That's a first for me. My first thought was it was designed as a standard rough or close rough. But there is only one set of mounting holes.??
I'd pass on using it myself.
But yes. In order to use it you would have to plug the hole you don't use.(and hope it doesn't leak) And then lower your flange.

Disregard. Number two beat me to it. But ditto.

dodge1930

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, sometimes we just need a validation that what we have been thinking ,someone else agrees.. It was free, now I know why. So I'm not losing money to scrap it and get a new one, that way I won't worry about it every time I flush !!!

Reaction score
It was free
Nothing wrong with free. A good toilet is a good toilet, paid or free.

The Plateau Mont-Royal area will often have old toilets thrown out in the trash from rental renovations, especially now for the big July 1st move.

If you are lucky to find one made before 1975, and the porcelain is in good shape, all it needs is a clean and polish, about $30 in parts from Rona, and you now have a nice classic toilet that flushes very nicely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks