rough in for converting single vanity to double

Users who are viewing this thread

marc1817

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to start out by saying I sincerely appreciate all of the advice on this forum, and was wondering if anyone might offer advice with my particular situation.

I am planning to convert the current setup with the photo attached to accommodate a 72" double vanity, with the supply lines and drains coming from the wall.

My original plan was to have a conversion similar to the second attached photo I found on this forum. This has a similar orientation of the drains to the stack. This would require moving the current 1.5" pipe lower and converting it to a 2" pipe after the double santee, with a 1.5" vent going back to the 3" stack, as seen in the second photo.

I had a plumber come by who felt that this additional venting was unnecessary, and that an AAV at the further trap would suffice. Therefore, we could just lengthen the current 1.5" trap arm and put in two drains with the AAV. This would also avoid drilling additional holes in the studs, which they were worried about weakening support. This is a second floor non-exterior wall.

What does the group think? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9409 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9409 (1).jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 272
  • PXL_20220312_213240294 (1).jpeg
    PXL_20220312_213240294 (1).jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 250

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You can check this post. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/48-vanity-with-double-sinks.100004/#post-719401

It has pictures of my single to double sink vanity I did a few years ago. I also had a plumber do the work. BTW, most of my home uses AAV's and no issues at all. Since my home was built in 2007, the drains were already 2".

Google search "stud shoe". It is used to support studs that have been cut or drilled for pipes. It also acts as a nail guard.

Last edited:

marc1817

Reaction score

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks