Rough in 1/2 too short: Offset or Caroma?

Users who are viewing this thread

BSwanson

Reaction score
The Toto Aquia II that I bought for my rehab bathroom doesn't fit by 1/2 in (the rough in is 11 1/2). I was hoping I could wiggle it enough, but no go. I could go on about how the contractor did this and I should have skinned him alive, but I still have to fix it. The floor is tiled and ready to go.
So, do I chop up the floor some and put in an offset - which doesn't give me the 1/2 in, but an entire 1 1/2 which is too much in this 5 ft wide space and I would hate to do it. Or do I replace the Aquia with a Caroma with the nifty adjustable flange. The problem with the Caroma is that it has a big footprint itself. Dual flush and water conservation is a big deal in my location. What I really want is 1/2 in!

Reach4

Reaction score
The Toto Aquia II that I bought for my rehab bathroom doesn't fit by 1/2 in (the rough in is 11 1/2).
Where is the interference? Is it the top of the tank?

It may be that shims can overcome a back-tilt if that is the problem.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Which Aquia do you have? The one-piece shows a nominal 3/4" behind it, so being a 1/2" short, it should work. You can usually fudge the position of the toilet about 1/4" or slightly more on the flange, so again, you should be able to make it work. If it's the 2-piece, you might be able to reset the tank so it goes forward slightly.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia will rough at 11.5"
If you need a little more, you can fudge the adapter away from the wall a bit. The exit on the trapway is 2" dropping into a 3" drain at the floor.
You already have room to play with without doing anything to the plumbing in the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks