Rotted Tub Overflow Gasket

Users who are viewing this thread

Hightechburrito

Reaction score
In my ongoing bathroom renovation, I went to replace by tub overflow cover with a new finish, and found that the gasket between the tub and overflow drain mostly gone. There were only a few pieces of pretty crumbly gasket left, but most of it was totally gone.

Is this a pretty simple fix. Just get a replacement like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Waste-and-Overflow-Gasket-88350/202950208 and re-install? Most of them are tapered, but my tub surface is pretty close to vertical. Should I get a flat one, or will the extra compression at the bottom be helpful?

On the front view, is it a problem that the screws aren't centered in the hole. There's a little side-to-side play in the drain but basically none up and down, so it's not just that removing the cover plate allowed it to drop.

Thanks.

tub_overflow.jpeg
tub_overflow2.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks