Roof vent configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I've got a bathroom next to a kitchen with waste lines embedded in a slab and ALL CONNECTED BEFORE THE TOILET. There's a 24" foundation wall flush with the framing so I can't enter the framing under cabinets. The incoming lines will run in a box along the baseboard. The thing is. I don't know where to run the vent
VENT PIPE.jpg
through the roof. The setup is pictured here and I thought a SINGLE 3" vent could be to the left of the TOILET where the wall surrounding the bathroom will come away from the rear wall and run up through the roof there. If THAT 3" is reduced to 2" and runs to where the vanity is, is that enough to vent the four appliances?

Reach4

Reaction score
Reaction score
First about the kitchen, does that mean the vent needs to rise through the kitchen counter then enter the framing? Then, about the vanity...that waste enters in-between the shower and the toilet. I think the problem is that the foundation guy embedded the pipes and apparently he doesn't know what you know. Also, the code enforcement guy and the engineer looked at it before the pour. Of course they may have screwed up.

Reaction score
May as well ask this too. I know there are under-counter vents too. Never used one but maybe that's what I'll need to use for the vanity and or the kitchen.

Reach4

Reaction score
May as well ask this too. I know there are under-counter vents too. Never used one but maybe that's what I'll need to use for the vanity and or the kitchen.
It would be much better to have the real vent for the lavatory. The slug of water from the toilet can produce a temporary pressure, and an AAV cannot help that. I see that your red lines are outside of the lavatory drain. Usually you would want that drain to be in the wall. Its not necessary. You could have the drain jog hidden by the cabinet.

An AAV in the kitchen could do if you have a problem running a vent pipe, if they are allowed locally.

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice. I'll check code about the AAV for the kitchen. Depending on what I find out, I may jag the 2" vent for the kitchen up the foundation wall and cut out a section of the foundation to get it into the framing. As for the lavatory sink, yes, the drain's inside the room...the toilet is downstream from there. Again, thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks