Ronbow sink: VERY slow overflow drain.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfsmith48

Reaction score
Folks,

We installed a Ronbow vanity and sink about 5 years ago.

Yesterday, we left the water running with the drain closed. The overflow runs at about half the faucet flow. Small flood.

The faucets and drains are Kohler. (Not sure the model)

I cleaned up the mess and am trying to figure out if the overflow is semi-clogged, or if what I got is all I got.

The overflow has 3 drain holes about .5" in diameter.

I taped up 2 of the holes and blew compressed air thru the 3rd hole. I got a small amount of debris out the main drain. I did this 3 or 4 times with a small improvement in the overflow flow rate.

Due to multiple tight 90 degree corners in the overflow, putting a wire or snake down there does not seem promising.

Has anyone seen this problem? How did you fix it?

TIA,

Rog Smith

Reach4

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this problem? How did you fix it?
I didn't, but if I left the low-flow aerator in place, that might have prevented the problem. It might not have. You could consider a low low flow aerator cartridge.

The overflow also serves as a vent. Some lavatory sinks have no overflow, notoriously vessel sinks. Those tend to have trouble draining past a pop-up at times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks