Roman Tub Fixture Replacements

Users who are viewing this thread

Jennifer McKennan

Reaction score
We are in the process of selling our house and are trying to update the Roman Tub Fixtures. We currently have Price Pfister Gold fixture from 22 years ago on a Jacuzzi tub. There is no access below. I tried replacing the spout but it does not fit.

I called pfister to what models would fit the valve, and the person was most unhelpful and said nothing would fit and I need to replace the valve because the fixtures are so old. She was not able to identify the faucet, and said she thought it was Georgetown but was not sure.

My question is are we really out of luck on this and have to incur $100s of dollars to break tile, which I probably cannot match or are their other options to replace it?

Oddly enough the handles to fit

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 180

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That "spout adapter" MAY be secured with an Allen screw in which case it can be removed and a "modern one" installed. Then the new spout will fit it.
What you can do about the hot and cold stems will depend on what is under the escutcheons.

Jennifer McKennan

Reaction score
We already pulled off the spout, and the new fixture does not fit. My father-in-law suggested that we have the old spout plated with chrome to match the new fixtures. Have you heard of anyone do that?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
THere are places that can replate things...depends on how much you want to spend.

Jennifer McKennan

Reaction score
Glad to hear about the plating, I think that is our best bet for now. If I wanted to spend a lot of money, I think we would just break the tile. Price Pfister has a lifetime guarantee where they said the would replace the valves and faucet for free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks