Roman tub faucet in a condo

Users who are viewing this thread

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
I am doing a bathroom renovation in a condo and the owner would like to update the faucet on the soaker tub. In the old faucet, everything was copper sweated right to the valve and copper between the valves and the spout. Is it code to have EVERYTHING done in copper with no flex tubes to reduce the chances of a leak?

The new roman faucets out there all seem to come with braided supply tubs between the shut offs and the spout.

Can I just cut out the out faucet, install new shut offs and use braided supply tubes the rest of the way? I was wondering since ABS can't be used in a condo, do they have similar regulations about the use of flex tubes as opposed to solid copper? View attachment 19394

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 734

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That looks to be a Moen faucet.

It seems many of the new faucets are coming with flexible connectors. You would want to ask the local inspector there about that.

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
It is a Moen faucet so I am impressed that you can tell from the bottom. Do you happen to know if it came like that or was the copper between the valves and spout jury rigged together?

I wonder if it would be possible to just get a newer style spout and handle that is compatible with that body.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many valves come setup to either solder the pipe into the valve, or screw a female fitting onto it. It's much more robust to solder a pipe in...it also helps to stabilize the parts it connects where a hose would rely on just the nut clamping it to the tub.

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I ordered a roman tub trim kit from Home depot and hopefully it will fit. If not, I'll return it and install a completely new set.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks