Rohl C7912 cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

merim123

Reaction score
My thermostatic shower valve was sticking, as in would not turn, and just left me with lukewarm water in the shower. I got a replacement cartridge from Rohl for this and the sink. The sink was easy peasy to replace, took about ten minutes. The 7912 valve after I removed the trim plate is recessed behind the finished wall, such that I cannot get a spanner wrench on there clean to get a grip without it trying to strip on me. I'm curious if there is a different way to try to get it off short of putting a pipe wrench on it and just using torque to get it out and ruining the existing valve (i was hoping to get it out, use CLR to clean it and then have a rotational backup, but that may not be in the cards).

Thoughts?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The 2 flats on the C7912 are 17mm. A crowfoot wrench should do the trick. Also make sure to release the set screw underneath.

ROHL-C7912-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks