RO Water questions

Users who are viewing this thread

GizzyGone

Reaction score
I'm considering an RO system for my house:

I understand that typically you want to drain upstream of a p-trap: and with some effort, I could certainly make that happen... But I'm wondering why one couldn't drain into a modified cleanout trap?

My thought is to take the cleanout cap, thread a nipple onto it, and then run the drain water into that nipple, with a loop on the drain hose? This would allow me to remove the cap if I ever need the cleanout, and the loop would prevent gas from entering the filter system, no? Just thinking out loud...

Second: my Fridge has a copper water supply line: obviously I need to replace the copper with a plastic line: the ceiling below my fridge is drywall with sound insulation in-between the studs. There isn't some magical easy way that you know of to be able to fish the plastic line to the fridge? I'm trying to avoid having to cut the new drywall down there...

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You do not ever want waste water to back up into the RO unit.

Why do you want to change the copper water line to plastic? Copper is about the best way to go. From the wall to the refrigerator you may want to be a flex line so as not to cause a crimp in the copper when moving the refrigerator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks