RO - 8 stage filter advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Petermet

Reaction score
I live in Bali Indonesia. I have water supplied from a deep well. A test 2 years ago showed no nasties however given everyone is on a septic tank ( not sealed ) I work on the principle that nasties are always a possibility.

I have installed a charcoal backwashing filter (1054 tank) and a water softener ( also a 1054 tank). This is for everyday use throughout the house.

Drinking water is from a cooler and we fill the galons using a RO 8 stage unit which was bought before the house filters above were installed. The stages are:

5 micron sediment filter
UDF / GAC
CTO
100gpd membrane
post carbon filter (2")
mineral additive
Bio filter - 5 in 1
1GPM UV

My UV tube has blown so if replacing now is the time to replace other filters. It is 1 year old.

Any advice on what I should replace given the house filters and which should be bypassed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks