Rinnai RU180i Recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

hokiecjb97

Reaction score
Just installed a Rinnai RU180i that has circ-logic, but requires an external pump. I can’t find the pump that works with this unit and one that will work with a crossover valve as I don’t have a dedicated return. They offer a GTK03 and GTK15, but neither seem to say they are compatible and neither mention cross-over (comfort valves). Any recommendations? I put the old recirc pump in the circuit, but it doesn’t drive enough flow to kick the unit on.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're going to fire the thing up frequently, I'm not sure I see the advantage of a tankless system.

IMHO, the best way to get recirculation with a tankless is to use a small external tank. Some tankless systems have one built-in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks