Rinnai RL75I recirculation problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Willy101

Reaction score
Just installed a RL75I with a dedicated return line. Using a Grungfos Alpha2 15-55 pump. Hooked it up to the recirculation controller in the Rl75i and it works just as the documents says it should. Problem is that when the heater shuts the pump off, there is still 12V on the circuit. It keeps the pump's lights flashing and it probably isn't doing the pump any good. Rinnai didn't offer any help and local installers weren't any help either. Has any one run across this problem????

Fitter30

Reaction score
Diagram shows a relay could have a scr instead, Transient voltage with a digital meter. Have a old analog that has a little load probably 0 volts.

Willy101

Reaction score
Diagram shows a relay could have a scr instead, Transient voltage with a digital meter. Have a old analog that has a little load probably 0 volts.
Used both types of meters. Definitely 12V on circuit at all times, even with dip switch 4 on switch 2 turned off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks