Rinnai Bath Fill Mode with Shower Mixing Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chins

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking at purchasing a tankless hot water heater and the Rinnai I am thinking of has a remote with a bath fill feature. Basically, you tell it how many gallons of hot water you want and the temperature you would like it and it will fill the bath with the specified volume of hot water at the specified temperature and then turn off. So in theory you can walk away while the tub fills up.
Easy enough if I had a separate faucet for hot and cold water. However, I have a shower mixing valve so I was wondering if I adjust the mixing valve to maximize the hot water and then turn the mixing valve to full hot will I get the same result? I figure that the water volume and temperature would work but would when the water heater stops the flow of the hot water would the water stop at the mixing valve to or would I just get cold water coming out?

Chins

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. So if the valve didn't have temperature stop then it would work? Is there such a valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The majority of "shower" valves have a pressure balancing module inside them. IF the heater turns the hot water flow off, i.e., zero pressure, the module will also turn the cold to zero pressure, effectively turning it off also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks