Right hand installation?

Users who are viewing this thread

barryw

Reaction score
This question probably has an obvious answer, but I don't know it.
I am looking at bath tubs, what is the difference between right and left hand installation?
Thanks,

Barry

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
When standing in the bathroom and facing the tub, are the faucet and shower controls on the right or the left....

TedL

Reaction score
While they should always be the same, it's actually the drain location, not the fill, because the drain is part of the tub.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Then, you have a left-handed tub...

A drop-in tub often is symetrical, it doesn't matter if you rotate it 180. But, throw in a tile flange or an apron, and it becomes very important. It's the same story with pre-hung doors, knowing whether it is a left-hand or right-hand door makes a big difference.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
drain, apron, flanges - not symmetrical

if there is an apron, or skirt, (visible front part of tub in an alcove and in some podiums), then it's crucial to know whether the drain is on the far left or far right. Also crucial is how many sides to add the tiling flange to. You can have tiling flange anywhere, and although you can add it yourself on site it is usually factory-installed if you know what you need when you order the tub.

Faucets (supply plumbing) are usually right above the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks